The quest for perfect skin can seem impossible, with concerns such as acne, sensitivity and dehydration affecting most of us to various degrees. Fortunately, there’s hope! We’ve put together some simple tips and tricks to give your skin the TLC it needs, no matter the issue.
- Find a cleanser with a gentle formulation. It may seem like the logical step to reach for a harsh cleanser, but in reality, this strips away oil while also destroying the skin’s protective mantle and leads to a vicious cycle of oil overproduction and uncomfortable surface tautness. Try a non-drying choice like Rosehip Transformation Cleansing Oil.
- Exfoliate gently. Stay away from harsh facial scrubs and anything which has rough abrasives in it. Look for natural AHAs, kaolin clay and jojoba microspheres which gently polish away any debris.
- Choose your skincare carefully. Anything likely to irritate to the skin, particularly alcohols, fragrances and preservatives, should be avoided. Trilogy’s Very Gentle range is definitely worth a look – 100% fragrance and alcohol free, dermatologically tested and formulated with a carefully chosen gentle blend of pure plant oils and botanical extracts, it not only works to repair and nourish skin, but also strengthen the skin’s natural barrier function. Sensitive skin heaven!
- Healthy skin starts from the inside. Keep yourself hydrated, ensure your diet is rich in nutrients and essential fatty acids, and get your glow on with exercise.
- Sun protection is a must. This applies to all skin types (and yes, even in winter!), but sensitive skin has a weakened barrier and is more prone to redness, rashes and ageing sun damage. Make sure to limit sun exposure and use SPF protection.
- Look for gentle, natural ingredients in skincare that hydrate and nourish – anything that leaves the skin “squeaky clean” is harsh and dehydrating, stripping oils from the surface of the epidermis. Trilogy Ultra Hydrating Face Cream is intensely nourishing yet easily absorbed. It envelopes the complexion with an instant hydration barrier, locking in vital moisture to leave skin soft, supple and smooth.
- Avoid long, hot showers (a hard one, we know!). Lovely as it may be to step into a steamy shower to warm up on a cold morning or unwind after a long day, hot showers strip the skin of its natural oils and dry skin out. Limit showers to 5 to 10 minutes and use warm, rather than hot, water.
- Water, water, water! Making water your new BFF, as well as reducing your caffeine and alcohol consumption, can drastically help your skin’s hydration levels.
The quest for perfect skin can seem impossible, with concerns such as acne, sensitivity and dehydration affecting most of us to various degrees. Fortunately, there’s hope! We’ve put together some simple tips and tricks to give your skin the TLC it needs.